Experience a renewed sense of confidence with a Breast Lift surgery
Breasts are a powerful symbol of femininity, but various factors such as childbirth, weight loss, hormonal fluctuations, illness, or the natural aging process can alter their shape and appearance. This can lead to feelings of insecurity and dissatisfaction with one’s body. Fortunately, a breast lift procedure offers a wonderful opportunity to restore beautiful body contours and regain self-confidence. Unlike breast augmentation with implants, a breast lift achieves a natural-looking outcome, with changes that are subtle and not overly obvious.
Who is eligible for Breast Lift Surgery?
A breast lift is suitable for individuals experiencing a decrease in skin firmness that affects the shape of their breasts. This can occur due to factors such as aging, childbirth, breastfeeding, or significant weight loss. It is important for women considering a breast lift to be in good health and not currently pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant soon. If the patient is overweight, it is advisable to achieve a stable desired weight before undergoing the procedure.
What to expect from this surgery?
- The breast lift procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia and has an average duration of up to 3 hours. In some cases, a breast lift may be combined with breast augmentation surgery.
- For individuals with mild breast sagging, a breast lift in the nipple area can be performed. This involves making an incision around the areola and removing excess skin to lift the nipple, resulting in increased breast volume. The scar from this procedure is located around the areola.
- In cases of more extensive breast sagging with significant excess skin, an anchor lift or mastopexy may be recommended. This technique involves creating a T-shaped incision, allowing for greater removal of excess skin. The resulting scar is larger, extending around the areola, vertically downwards, and in the crease under the breast. This approach can restore a more youthful and aesthetically pleasing breast shape.
- For individuals who desire both firmer, reshaped breasts and increased volume, a breast lift can be performed in combination with breast augmentation using implants. This combined procedure provides both lift and enhanced size.
- To explore the option of breast augmentation with implants or to learn more about the breast lift procedure, further consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon is recommended.
What to expect after the surgery?
- Following breast lift, patients are required to stay at the clinic on the first day. During the first month after surgery, caution is advised. However, patients can generally resume work within a couple of days, avoiding strenuous movements. It is important to minimise arm movements during the initial weeks to prevent the implants (if both lifting and augmentation were performed) from shifting and to promote faster wound healing.
- Swelling in the chest area can be expected for 2 to 3 weeks, and complete healing of the breasts typically occurs over a few months.
A guide for smooth recovery
- To minimise the appearance of scars, it is important to protect them from direct sunlight for at least six months. Over time, the scars tend to fade and become less noticeable, with significant improvement usually seen within two years.
- Throughout the healing period, it is advisable to avoid excessive physical exercise. Active sports should be postponed for a minimum of two months after breast augmentation.
- Special compression garments are typically worn for minimum 4 weeks post-surgery.
Breast lift surgery often meets the requirements for eligibility under the European Cross Border Directive Program, allowing patients to receive full compensation. Find out more about the program and its benefits.
To achieve the best possible outcomes, it is advisable to undergo a series of personalised lymph drainage massages following your surgery. Amber Surgery clinic in Dublin provides post-operation clients with lymphatic massages at discounts of up to 50% (bookings available from 23rd of June)